Effective date: May 25, 2018
HOUSE OF SPEAKEASY FOUNDATION (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.houseofspeakeasy.org website (the “Service”).
Information Collection And Use
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Analytical/performance cookies. Allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the Site when using it. This helps us improve the way the Site works.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Site and refine marketing efforts.
- Tracking cookies. Follow on-site behavior and tie it to other metrics allowing better understanding of usage habits.
- Optimization cookies. Allow real-time tracking of user conversion from different marketing channels to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Partner cookies. Provide marketing conversion metrics to our partners so they can optimize their paid marketing efforts.
Use of Data
HOUSE OF SPEAKEASY FOUNDATION uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Update or Delete Your Personally Identifiable Information
If you reside or are located in the EEA, we keep your Personally Identifiable Information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the Personally Identifiable Information is processed. The length of time we retain Personally Identifiable Information for depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. You have certain rights in relation to your Personally Identifiable Information and you can unsuscribe from our newsletter any time. The Service will automatically delete your email address from the database. If you would like further information in relation to your personal information, you may also contact us via [email protected] You have the right to request that we provide access to any Personally Identifiable Information we hold about you, prevent the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information for direct-marketing purposes, update any Personally Identifiable Information which is out of date or incorrect, delete any Personally Identifiable Information which we are holding about you, restrict the way that we process your Personally Identifiable Information, provide your Personally Identifiable Information to a third party provider of services or provide you with a copy of any Personally Identifiable Information which we hold about you.
Should you choose to add a comment to any posts that we have published on houseofspeakeasy.org, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website’s database, along with your computer’s IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective blog post and is not passed on to any of the third party data processors. Only your name will be shown on the public-facing website. Your comment and it’s associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either 1.) remove the comment or 2.) remove the blog post. Should you wish to have the comment and it’s associated personal data deleted, please email us at [email protected] If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before posting a comment on our blog.
NOTE: You should avoid entering personally identifiable information to the actual comment field of any blog post comments that you submit on this website.
Who is responsible for the personal information collected on this site?
Your personal data is controlled ultimately by HOUSE OF SPEAKEASY FOUNDATION, an individual registered in United States.
Interaction between you and us
The Service can be used to subscribe to newsletters. The data provided during the newsletter registration will be used only for the purposes of sending out the newsletter, provided you have not consented to other use. You can cancel the subscription at any time by using the unsubscribe option provided in the newsletter.
Transfer Of Data
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
HOUSE OF SPEAKEASY FOUNDATION may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of HOUSE OF SPEAKEASY FOUNDATION
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Links To Other Sites
California Online Privacy Protection Act
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
How does our site handle do not track signals? We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking? It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: [email protected]